The only thing worse than totaling your vehicle - is continuing to make loan payments on it. Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) pays the difference between the actual cash value of your vehicle, which is determined by your primary insurance company, and the unpaid balance that is still owed, subject to terms and conditions of the GAP contract.
Gap offers protection when you need it most - when your vehicle is stolen and is not recovered, or is totaled in an accident.
- Maximum value of Motor Vehicle and Power Sport = $100,000
- Maximum value of Watercraft = $50,000
- Maximum value of RV = $125,000
- Maximum claim benefit for all = $50,000
- Maximum term of loan covered = 84 months
- Eligible vehicles = private passenger vehicles, vans, pickups or light trucks (not exceeding 10,000 pounds gross vehicle weight)
- Ineligible/excluded vehicles = vehicles used for commercial purposes; vehicles with commercial or salvage titles, and/or exceeding 10,000 pounds
Protect yourself with GAP coverage with only a minimal add-on to your monthly payments. For only a few cents a day, you could potentially save yourself thousands in out-of-pocket expenses. When you begin the financing aspects of your vehicle loans, be sure to mention the GAP option to your loan officer.
• are not a deposit
• are not NCUA insured
• are not insured by any Federal Government Agency
• are not guaranteed by the Savings Association
• may go down in value