Enhancement to Overdraft Services
Effective August 15, 2010, new regulations could limit your access to our Enhanced Covered Checking coverage unless you take action and Opt-In for these services.
- We are offering an enhancement to our overdraft coverage services to cover your one-time debit card transactions and ATM withdrawals. You must Opt-In to receive this coverage on your checking account.
- This service is in addition to our standard covered checking service that only covers checks and ACH transactions.
- No charge for this enhanced Covered Checking service. You will only pay a fee if we approve a transaction that overdraws your account.
- When your debit card transactions are paid, after you opt-in to the enhanced service, you are saved the embarrassment and inconvenience of a returned item.
- You also have the freedom to change your mind at anytime and opt-out of this service without a penalty.
Opt-In Today!Four easy ways to opt-in:
- Online - Click here to submit your form instantly!
- Download a PDF Opt-In form
- Visit your nearest Branch
- Contact us at 888-769-8841
Once we receive your confirmation, your additional covered checking services will take effect immediately.
As of today, the non-sufficient funds fee is $29. However, this service helps avoid additional merchant fees. Ask any member service representative today about this valuable enhancement to your checking account.
The fee is imposed for overdrafts created by checks, ACH items, ATM withdrawals or by any other electronic means. If you overdraw your account, we will have the discretion to pay the overdraft up to your Covered Checking limit and the amount of the overdraft fee. Campus Federal is not obligated to pay any item presented for payment if your account does not contain sufficient available funds. Any discretionary payment (or other negotiation or processing) by Campus Federal of any non-sufficient funds check or other item does not obligate or create an agreement or course of dealing for Campus Federal to pay any additional non-sufficient funds check or item or to provide prior notice of its decision to refuse to pay any additional non-sufficient funds check or item. The account balance must be brought to a positive balance within every thirty (30) day period.