Support Services QA Specialist
Campus Federal Credit Union is seeking a Support Services Specialist to join our team! The primary purpose of this position is to assist Campus Federal in our Mission, to enhance the lives of our members and the communities we serve. This is accomplished by providing excellent service to team members of Campus Federal.
- Assist AVP of OSS and the Support Services Supervisor with developing and maintaining a quality assurance and compliance review program for all consumer and business related account documentation.
- Maintain a Quality Assurance program. Perform quality assurance and compliance review on all consumer and business account/membership documentation to ensure forms and information meet CFCU’s policies and procedures as well as adhere to all federal and state regulations.
- Send, receive and process all incoming and outgoing domestic and international wires according to credit union policies and procedures.
- Perform OFAC scans on all incoming wires. Review OFAC hits and refer matches to Risk Management for review.
- Prepare, process and maintain documentation related to wires.
- Prepare and enter all GL entries to online systems. Reconcile, balance and adjust GL accounts and member accounts as affected by the wire process.
- Assist both internal and external members in executing proper wire information, handle all inquiries and investigate and research disputes, suspicious or fraudulent issues in accordance with state and federal regulations and credit union policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, respond and correct any audit exceptions or concerns related to wires.
Collection & Exchange
- Receive and process collection items (negotiable instruments), such as checks, drafts, and coupons presented by member or corresponding banks.
Safety Deposit Box
- Assess fees to delinquent accounts that have sufficient funds. Create and mail various delinquent notifications to safety deposit box owners.
- Assist appropriate branch personnel in the drilling of delinquent boxes and gathering of box contents. Send appropriate notifications to the LA Department of Revenue and Taxation of abandoned safety deposit boxes.
- Determine dormant accounts eligible for escheatment each calendar year.
- Send periodic notifications to members with accounts eligible for escheatment.
- Perform final withdrawals, deliver account information and funds to the State of Louisiana.
- Perform all functions related to back-up withholding and reporting.
- Reviews and works the following reports; bill pay returns, credit card overpayment, and check order charges.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years’ experience in a financial institution
100% paid health, dental and LTD insurance for the employee. Other benefits and dependent benefits available. Generous paid vacation and paid sick leave also available.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those most qualified will be contacted.