Campus Federal has been providing quality financial services to our members and communities we serve since 1934. We are continually looking for self-starters who have an excellent work ethic with the ability to provide ‘world class’ service to join our team.
- Internal Auditor (Baton Rouge)
Campus Federal Credit Union has immediate opening for an Internal Auditor in our Baton Rouge office to oversee the internal and external audit functions for the Credit Union.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive risk-based audit plan covering all functions, departments and processes of Campus Federal.
- Coordinate and conduct periodic and special audits of operations and records not specified in audit plan as needed.
- Maintain audit work papers to evidence work performed and support conclusions reported.
- Prepare formal reports documenting audits performed and their results; prepare written evaluations on effectiveness of existing systems policies and procedures.
- Discuss any irregularities or deficiencies uncovered during audits with department managers, recommend resolutions and follow up to see that required changes are instituted.
- Prepare reports and material for the Supervisory Committee to include minutes, quarterly reports and other documentation for Supervisory Committee meetings.
- Monitor employee accounts for suspicious behavior or financial activity in violation of Campus Federal policy; report policy violations to HR and Risk Management. Notify management of noted problems, recommend corrective action, and document management responses. Prepare quarterly reports noting any policy violations.
- Monitor, investigate and act on member complaints/claims referred to the Risk Management department and/or Supervisory Committee.
- Provide information, guidance and recommendations for necessary corrective action to managers, employees and members inquiring about various situations, including but not limited to audit functions and credit union policies.
- Ensure the verification of member accounts is performed in accordance with NCUA regulations.
- Support the external audit function and/or NCUA examination by assisting outside auditors and examiners in reconciling discrepancies, preparing work papers and providing information. Act as liaison between external auditors and/or NCUA examiner and management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 2-4 years experience in internal audit, preferably in a financial institution.
- Detailed oriented, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and PC skills.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in internal audit.
- Certification is preferred.
Benefits include: 100% paid health, dental and LTD insurance for the employee. Other benefits and dependent benefits available. Generous paid vacation and paid sick leave also available.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those most qualified will be contacted.
Culture and Benefits
If you enjoy a fun, energized, rewarding work environment, look no further. At Campus Federal, you’ll work with other enthusiastic, talented professionals who share a common spirit of adventure. Not only will you grow both personally and professionally, you’ll know that your contribution to the company and our members counts. Of course, competitive wages and other benefits come standard with the job. We have been serving Louisiana residents since 1934 and are always looking for great people to continue providing world-class service to the members of our community.
In addition to a rewarding work environment and a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefit package for eligible employees.
- Full time employees enjoy medical, dental, and long term disability with 100% of their premiums paid by the Credit Union.
- Full time employees are offered the ability to add their spouse and/or child(ren) to medical and dental coverage for a premium.
- Full time employees are offered group life insurance and optional life insurance for their dependents for a premium.
- Full time employees are offered vision coverage for themselves and dependents for a premium.
- Full time employees are offered accident insurance, critical care insurance and short term disability for a premium.
- All employees receive a paid holiday during their birth month for their birthday.
- Paid holidays and sick leave are available immediately upon hire while vacation pay accrues. Sick leave is also available for immediate family members.
- We offer a competitive 401(K) plan in addition to offering a Roth 401(K).
- Advancement potential within the credit union.
- Education, training and tuition assistance are available to all eligible employees.
Campus Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.